A venue for collaboration to meet our mutual objectives.
Encourage resource planning that provides a sustainable water supply to meet projected growth.
Strategy #1: Evaluate and encourage development of regional water supply projects.
Strategy #2: Encourage and support water conservation.
Strategy #3: Identify and support members in their pursuit of financial opportunities to assist with local and regional water supply projects.
Strategy #4: Maintain a strong working relationship with the Arizona Department of Water Resources.
Provide valuable input to regulatory agencies and legislative bodies regarding proposed legislation and rulemaking.
Strategy #1: Review proposed legislation and rules dealing with water issues.
Strategy #2: Identify legislative and financial opportunities and obstacles related to obtaining water and infrastructure to member water suppliers.
Maintain our position as a recognized authority and resource for water issues in Northern Arizona.
Strategy #1: Promote the advantages of NAMWUA membership to non-member municipal and town water suppliers in North Central Arizona.
Strategy #2: Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Arizona Department of Water Resources and other regional water groups.
Strategy #3: Establish strong contacts at the State legislature through lobbying activities.
- Goal 1: Utilize a lobbyist as needed on a case-by-case basis.
- Goal 2: Identify at least two water issues the organization will comment on.
Encourage and support communication and information sharing regarding water augmentation and management.
Strategy #1: Encourage member participation.
Strategy #2: Support and encourage sound water management concepts.
- Goal 1: Develop mutually beneficial alliances with other WUAs
- Goal 2: Participate in regionally significant water augmentation and resource policy development meetings.
Strategy #3: Identify processes, procedures, and information that can be used by members.
- Goal 1: Promote information sharing by enhancing the web site, to include providing a secure data information sharing site.